Celine Dion cancels her entire tour due to health issues
Alice Chiche/AFP/Getty Images
Celine Dion, who performed here in 2019, has canceled an upcoming tour.
Celine Dion has announced the cancellation of her “Courage World Tour” dates through 2024 and will “probably never tour again,” a source close to Dion told CNN on Friday.
“She is in a lot of pain,” the individual said. “She does physical therapy every day.”
“I’m so sorry to disappoint you all once again,” read a social media announcement from the singer. “I’m working very hard to rebuild my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re at 100%. It’s not fair to you to keep postponing the shows, and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything now until I’m truly ready to get back on stage. I want you all to know that I’m not giving up…and I can’t wait to see you again!
Dion postponed several shows in December after announcing that she had been diagnosed with stiff-person syndrome, a condition, she said, that does not allow her “to sing like I’m used to. “.
The disorder is “a rare and progressive syndrome that affects the nervous system, particularly the brain and spinal cord,” according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
“While we’re still learning about this rare condition, we now know that’s what caused all the spasms I’ve had,” Dion said at the time. “Unfortunately, these spasms affect all aspects of my daily life, sometimes causing difficulty when walking and not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing as I normally do.”
Tickets for his concerts will be reimbursed from their point of purchase.